I did the drawing! Before I get to the winners' list, I must tell you how surprised I was at the outcome. I was informed of 723 scarves. Not all of them appear in the gallery, because not everyone could send in photos. I assigned each scarf a number on a Google spreadsheet, as I was notified. There were 12 prizes to award.
This morning, I used this random number generator to generate the list of winners, and the results are below.
158 504 646 553 126 593
73 521 278 374 222 677
It seems a little top-heavy, in the sense that many of the numbers are at the high end of the range. That's the funny thing about "random," isn't it? Then it turned out that No. 126 was mine. I disqualified myself, so asked the generator for another number, and it came up with Amy A.-H.'s number. Karma must be somewhat at work here, because there are THREE college students in the list, and at least one of the prize donors also won a prize. Too delicious an outcome for words.
So, without further ado, I give you the following winners and their respective prizes:
1. Karen, of Hat on Top, for her 3rd scarf offering -- Stitch markers from Melissa (Karen is also a prize donor)
2. Amy H. -- Stitch markers from Melissa
3. Susan -- Kaffe Fassett book donated by Pamela C.
4. Amy T. -- (a college student at my daughter's college, it turns out) Vermont Nut Free Chocolate
5. Heather H. -- The lovely skein of yarn from Scout's Swag
6. Sara G.-L. -- Elizabeth Zimmerman books from an anonymous donor
7. and 8. -- Trish's knitters from Michigan. Both of the numbers 504 and 521 fell within this group. I don't have the names of the individual knitters, so I am going to send the prize to Trish and let her deal with it as she sees fit. (hopefully there will not be too much fighting. The prizes are both lots of phenomenal Fyberspates yarn sent by Jennifer T.)
9. Whitney -- (a graduate student) "Here There Be Dragons" pattern and skein of Socks That Rock from Keyboard Biologist Theresa
10. Heidi from QCSNB -- Kureyon donated by Mary Lou
11. Lauren W - (another college student) Rowan Felted Tweed donated by Karen (who also was a winner in this drawing -- Karma again?)
12. Christine N. -- Lisa Souza Laceweight donated by Susan J.
I have emailed the winners and, if appropriate, the prize donors, so that addresses may be exchanged.